3 Bikini

Musings on Art and Commerce in Brooklyn.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

We all scream for Ice Cream




Among the many ways to beat the heat, Ice Cream is the best choice by far.

I found out about 5 Boroughs Ice Cream via Apartment Therapy. The founders came up with the idea on their couch in Astoria, inspired to create a flavor for each neighborhood of the city. While we haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, here's a review from Eden of Brooklyn:

1.) Dear Scott and Kim,

Last night I discovered Bakla - Wha!?, and I'm impressed. I loved the flavor and the inventiveness of the concept behind it, and most of all, the fact that its a local product. I've been inventing ice cream, sorbet, and unholy frozen concoctions in my apartment for years now, much to the sometimes delight and sometimes consternation of my friends. There seems to be a pretty solid divide on my Black Pepper Ice Cream and Chocolate and Cayenne Pepper Ice Cream recipes. But the fact that you took a dream and ran with it impresses the hell out of me. Go get em!

-Eden, Brooklyn, NY



Yay for ice cream makers who support the community using local vendors and flavors for inspiration. 5 Boroughs shops at Sahadi's in Brooklyn Heights for their chocolate and other good stuff.

Related Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home